Do you want to pick a pet to fulfill your own health benefits? A large number of people these days have pets so that they have something cute to love and adore. Pet animals like cats and dogs are a great addition to any family. They are a source of great companionship and you will have a pleasant time around them. Some people have pets because they need assistance and these animals are specially trained to offer such assistance. Still there are many who have pets just for the purpose of showing off their neighbors or bragging. Whatever is the reason there are numerous health benefits of pets that you should know. It can make you healthy, lower medical complications and increase your life span.
The Centre for Disease Control or CDC has conducted several studies, scientific experiments and surveys online. Their research shows that there are numerous health benefits of owning a pet like cat or dog. It will lower the incidents and severity of depression found in people. Heart disease is a very common medical complication these days. Pet ownership can lower the chances of this disease and make your heart stay healthy. It also decreases the level of LDL or Low Density Lipoprotein in the body that is actually bad cholesterol. You will also find reduction of unhealthy fats and minimize obesity related problems. So if you want an active social life with great health benefits, get a pet for yourself today!
Amazing Health Benefits of Pets You Should Know
It is interesting to note that pet ownership has triple since 1970. 60% of the current households have at least one pet in the form of cat or dog. There are numerous advantages of owning a pet and some of them are discussed below:
- Low Stress & Blood Pressure: Large numbers of people are suffering from stress and high blood pressure. The main reason behind is the extravagant lifestyle. Owning a pet can actually minimize the blood pressure level in your body. At the same time, it can cure anxiety and stress related disorders.
- Better Immune System: If you have a pet at home, it can certainly boost your immunity to great levels. All the childhood related allergies can be minimized up to 30% in kids. You will have a robust and health life free from any kind of diseases.
- Increase Lifespan & Sociability: People who are very isolated live 8 years less than the average life span. If you own a cat or dog, you will be able to interact with the community people. It will make you social and increase your life span. At the same time, you will get to know many people around you.
- Strong Heart: Owning one or more than one pet can lower the chances of heart attack. You will have proper blood circulation with better cholesterol scores. The triglycerides level in the body will be high and you will have a healthy heart.
- High Fitness: Pet owners seem to be less sedentary during the day. During the summer months, you can walk, jog or run with your dog or cat. According to National Institute of Health, it is found that pet owners are more active than normal people without pets are. The obesity levels are low and are physically fit.
- Great for Kids: It will increase the immune level of kids in the family. A pet in the household will help in the intellectual growth of your children. Your kids will have a nurtured behavior and will improve their self worth. According to a recent research, kids can become more resilient over the death of any loved ones.
Pets are not only good companions but can also help you in leading a healthy and better life. If you interact with your pet regularly, such as walk your dog, play with your pet bird or pet your cat. your mind will become sharp and your heart will be strong. Health benefits are numerous and you will start to discover them when you adopt a cat or dog at home. The presence of furry animals can minimize asthma and is a very good allergy fighter. It can lower the anxiety level and helps in getting rid of hypertension. If you have isolation problems and shyness, get a pet for yourself. You will get a very good company where love is flowing each day. It will make you happy and develop a positive outlook towards life.
Pets can be extremely beneficial for elderly people. It can cure or lessen the Alzheimer’s disease in old people. Pets can help the old people to get the necessary amount of exercise and is a good source of companionship. Playing with the pets in your free time is also great for the mind and soul. It elevates the levels of dopamine and serotonin in the body that are known for their calming and pleasurable properties. Studies show that people who have severe heart diseases tend to survive longer if they have a pet around them. It minimizes the cholesterol level in the body and dissolves the excess fat through bowel movement.
If you are already a pet owner, then you are already taking good care of your health indirectly. People thinking about adopting a pet should ensure maximum interaction time with them. Your pet needs certain amount of attention from you. Otherwise, it will get lonely and depressed. Apart from health benefits of pets, you will have a strong bond with your pet filled with happiness and longevity. When you adopt a cat or dog, they are not only your best friend but also protector at all times. They are indeed the best kind of medicine that can help you stay fit and healthy. So now, you have more reason as to why you should not be having any pet at home!
Hi! I’m Karen and a certified dog lover. As a freelance writer and blogger, I do my best to squeeze in some time with my dogs, learning more about the way they act and how I can make sure that they continue to stay well-cared for by yours truly.
My dogs have helped me through a lot, and this is my way of giving back to them! Besides animals, I also love to travel and cook, having explored my country’s restaurants and unique places. Follow me as I show you all the amazing tips and bits of information I learn along the way about our furry friends!